Wednesday 5 October 2016

Process and Production 2 (5th October)

In this session we moved from creating characters to animating them, and getting a much greater feel for movement and weight, and expressing character in that weight and movement.

First animating a ball, then a walk cycle, we were given a chance to really animate something and express movement.

We first looked at some fundimentals regarding animation; stretching and squeezing, timing, antipation and so on, as well as some still frames from some walk cycles, in order to get into the mindset to start animating.

Personally, I had never even considered photoshop as something to produce animations with, and whilst I am typically more familiar with flash it wasn't nearly as combersome as I had believed it would be.


However, I feel that my prior experience did allow me to create more natural and 'exciting' animation, rather than it being too static or disjointed.



This style of character animation I was less familiar with, and can recognise inconsisencies with scale in essentially every frame, but I feel that the movement and character make up for these short comings.

Personally, I really enjoy animation, and will probably continue to get better at it in my free time to try and get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment